Monday 30 August 2010

Pete Doherty - Can't stand me now - 2004 demo

After all the shit about how great the reunion was please take time to remember how good Peter used tobe, how they kicked him out of his own band and on saturday dragged him back to make some money out of him. I saw the Libertines when they loved each other, the on stage banter, the crowd banter, the feeling of togetherness that no other band of thier generation created. I was in tears seeing Peter look so sad, forlorn and betraying his beliefs for others. I wanted him to smash it all up, punch Carl, kick the drums over and reveal the charade for what it was. Of course, all the others say they turned up on time, played tighter than they ever have but the single thing missing was magic. Magic is all I wanted. 'No you got it the wrong way round, you shut me out and blaimed it on the brown. Cornered the boy kicked out at the world, the world kicked back a lot fucking harder.'
However, Peter, I wont forget the time you asked me to put up that student, his french stripper girlfriend, [she was alright and polite] and Spider who drank a litre of vodka, fell asleep on my bed and wet it whilst I huddled under a blanket on the carpet, nor, while we're on the case that dickhead who you suggested I let stay who stole my early Pistols singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment