Monday 30 August 2010

Hedge

I pull up outside my house. Hedge is there, asking for God knows what. He's been up all night. Why does everyone know where I live? I go out to bring the shopping in from my car, Hedge is there, Hedge has been up for two nights. Next time I see him I take pity as he has clearly been ripped off, he has agreed to buy a 2nd hand washing machine for£150.I agree to move his washing machine. He's been up for three  days. Amphetamines, remember that drug you spent two years wasting your life on 23 years ago? yes, thats the one. People still do it.
Whilst I am out, he shouts up to our flat window, trying to get my girlfriends attention. When she doesnt want him to bother her he takes offence.He has forged a friendship with her psychotic ex. Each time I see him he tries to draw me in to conversations about the ex. The ex is off my radar. I couldnt give a fuck what, where or how he is. This ex split from my partner some 3 years ago. I had to batter him once for smashing my headlights then spitting in my face. He grassed me up to the coppers. I went up to sort it out. The lad is a dick. I never think about him till Hedge brings him up.
Tex looks like he is going to vomit, I get him downstairs. Hedge is still roaming outside my door. He's been awake 4 days now. He can not grasp why I have no room in my circle of friends left for him. He offered me a cherry. I think to myself, look, there is nothing going on, I'm off to bed, so is everyone else. Innevitably, he will be outside, day 5 tommorrow. I have nothing against him or his insomnia but I am a working man. Life is hard enough without more pressure. How do I attract these types? Why can't they make friends with other aimless people who walk the streets. I hurt no one, I ask for nothing other than my mantra, 'Mind your own buisness shall be the whole of the law.'

No comments:

Post a Comment